Fort Dallas Park, 60-64 SE 4th Street
Year Built: circa 1897
Date Designated: 1983
The Flagler Worker’s House, also known as Palm Cottage, is the last known building in Miami directly associated with railroad magnate and developer Henry M. Flagler. It is also one of the city’s few surviving examples of Folk Victorian architecture. Built around 1897 by the Florida East Coast Railway, this house was one of at least 30 rental houses that Flagler constructed as homes for the workers building his Royal Palm Hotel. The building was moved to Fort Dallas Park in 1980, and listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1989. The building, located in the City’s Ft. Dallas Park is in need of restoration and programming.